Thursday, March 8, 2007

It's Like, Retarded.

Why is it still accepted to hear someone use "like" thirty of fourty times in a sentence. I realize that I am guilty of infractions every once and a while, but at least I am taking an active roll in trying to banish the use of "like" in the wrong context from my vocabulary. I refuse to believe that half the people I know are geniuses and that they're using really clever similies that I just dont understand. The biggest tradgedy is that I've noticed that when you substitute using like with something else that is actually proper it sounds weird. Thats what things have degenerated to, using correct english makes you seem weird even to yourself because we have all been engrained with such shitty language. So please, listen to yourself talk because most of the time you sound, like, retarded.

1 comment:

Ali said...

you know whats really tragic? that we still use oppressive language like, retarded. :(