Thursday, May 3, 2007

Crack Champs

This has been my shit for a years now, but now that I have a public forum I'm going to promote it some more. If you are in to any of that crack slangin', hoe pimpin', snitch stichin' rap you need to make THIS your new favorite single. The titular song from Master P's "Ghetto D". The album came out in '97 and this, to me, is the ultimate song about crack cocaine. Essentially what you have here is a 4:36 song dedicated to telling you, the listener, exactly how to cook crack. That's it, nothing else to say. The beat is sick, nothing to over produced and the lyrics are genius. Take for instance, this selection from aptly named C-Murder:

"And makin' crack like this is the song
You won't be getting yo money if yo shit ain't cooked long
Over cook yo dope it might come out brown
Them fiends gonna run yo ass clean outta town"

Sylvia Plath wished she would some day complete such a compelling MASTER Piece. I first remember hearing "Ghetto D" on my way to a swim meet (like a true thug) some time around '98/ '99 and it has been one of my favorite No Limit songs every put out. That's all for now, my keyboard is broken and I have laundry to do. Enjoy the weather.

No comments: